If this is your first home purchase, or perhaps you haven’t purchased a new home in a while, the process may seem confusing. We hope that our office can make the entire purchase easy and enjoyable for you. There are a few things to remember.
Understand that the lender’s closing attorney represents the interests of the lender. This includes our office if we are representing your new lender. Therefore, it is NOT the responsibility of the lender’s counsel to advise you on your rights and obligations regarding your new home purchase. We highly recommend that you retain your own attorney to represent your interests in this process. If we are handling the closing for the lender, we are able to represent you also and give you the comfort you need to proceed confidently towards the purchase of your new home. Some of the services we provide when representing buyers are:
- Negotiation and preparation of the offer to purchase and purchase and sales agreement to protect your interests and concerns.
- Resolve issues which may be discovered as the result of the title search of the purchase and assist you if you are selling real estate in order to purchase your new home.
- Explain the mortgage process and assist you in understanding just what the lender’s commitment letter says.
- Assist in the coordination of the closing and represent you at the closing, review all closing documents and explain their meaning and significance to you.
- Answer questions you might have and resolve disputes that may arise at any time during the closing process.